Monday, September 27, 2010

White petals will always remind me of Kate


The Death of a Friend

A friend died today. She was not someone I had known for a long time, or someone I was really close to, but I respected her. She was so vibrant, full of life and love. Spring was a fitting time for her to pass, and as finally the sun came out today after weeks of rain, I wished you were still here to see it. As I left work, white petals were falling from the pear tree, they covered the ground, and I felt it was Kate leaving and saying farewell. It was a strange feeling, I can't quite describe it, but I cried all the way home. I will always remember the hug you gave me Kate, when you found out my cancer was terminal. Go well Kate. I hear Neil is taking you back to Greece, may you find peace there. Falling white petals will always remind me of you.


2 comments: